Plumbing to an outside water feature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to plumb in a water feature.
I have no water in this area, and I'm going to have to run mains water for about 15 metres underground.
I built the house, so I know enough about how to get water out, through the wall, and where to bury the piping.
Do I really have to use 20mm MDPE piping when all I need is a glorified trickle at the far end of the pipe?
Is there a smaller bore, (cheaper), simple alternative?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
25m of 20mm MDPE is about £18, you'll struggle to find anything much cheaper

Even if the water is recycled in the feature, doesn't it need an occasional top-up?
Top it up with a bucket if it ever needs it but rain water should keep it topped up.

T&E is twin and earth electrical cabling. You will need to power a pump somehow to circulate the water.

Any photos of where it's going?

Even if the water is recycled in the feature, doesn't it need an occasional top-up?
It does. My pond has an underwater pump which circulates water out through a filter and back in via a fountain. Usually, the rain tops it up for me. Occasionally, especially in hot weather it does need topping up, but I just run water from the nearby hose for ten minutes or so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back