Potterton Kingfisher MF boiler woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Potterton KIngfisther boiler.

Now, the issue is, I have a pilot light but it just wont fire up fully. I have just the clicking noise of it trying to fire.

Now, if I leave it off for a few minutes so its bit colder, it does fire up eventually.

Now, I am thinking it needs a new pcb board. Am I on the right lines. If so, has anyone ordered from these guys:

http://www.cetltd.com

Plus - it looks like straightforward to replace so was wondering if its an ok job to do.

Any advice appreciated.

Scott

Sponsored Links
Now
now
now
it might be your gas valve that's faulty!
You can try replacement parts on a whim, you might get lucky, but you might not and you might make things worse.
Probably better to get someone in who can DIAGNOSE the fault!

Hi

I have a Potterton KIngfisther boiler.

Now, I am thinking it needs a new pcb board. Am I on the right lines. If so, has anyone ordered from these guys:

http://www.cetltd.com

Any advice appreciated.

Scott

The word NEW and the firm CET Ltd are not compatible!

CET only repair boiler PCBs and fans!

You get what you pay for.

I am always surprised that the Kingfisher PCB is fairly reasonably priced!

In any case I expect it to be a gas related problem!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. Bloady quick replies for a saturday night.

Will get a guy out to do a service on it and go from there. At least its working with a bit of tweaking.
Scott

dont replace the pcb or the gas vlv. Rectification is your problem by lack of sevice.

That leaves...pilot injector....electrode, and the HT lead.

Look after it! You look after your car dont you?

David

dont replace the pcb or the gas vlv. Rectification is your problem by lack of sevice.

That leaves...pilot injector....electrode, and the HT lead.

Look after it! You look after your car dont you?

David

THATS what I always say to customers who say they never had their boiler serviced, honestly would you drive your motor without have the brakes check??

Madness

THATS what I always say to customers who say they never had their boiler serviced, honestly would you drive your motor without have the brakes check??

Madness

Yes, but many motorists only get their cars checked because of the compulsory MOT test each year!

Pity there is not a compulsory gas boiler check every year!

Tony

Madness

Yes, but many motorists only get their cars checked because of the compulsory MOT test each year!

Pity there is not a compulsory gas boiler check every year!

Tony

that makes sense tony, so it will never happen :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back