Potterton Puma fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Potterton Puma combi boiler that keeps going wrong, every few weeks. I can't get any hot water or heating and the only light that is on is the Flame light, but it is very feint.

I've had 2 engineers look at it who can't figure out the fault. If left switched off at the mains for a while it seems to come back to life. They ran some checks etc and say it's all OK.

I'm convinced the circuit board needs replacing but the engineers (British Gas) insist it's not faulty...

Any ideas so I can bug the next engineer that shows up!

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Almost certainly going to be a poor joint(s) on the circuit boards. Some rgi's (eg myself) would not hesitate to resolder the poor joints (making a far better job of it than Potterton), however others view this as bad practice and will replace the boards.

Pop off the front panel and you will see the date code on the board relays -anything more than 4 or 5 years old and it will have broken joints.

If you have a BG contract then you should pressure them to send someone who is competent.

Us independents have to fix boilers otherwise we dont get paid!

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back