prescott, another law.

• Thread starter confidentincompetent
  • Start date
C

confidentincompetent

See that plans are well under way to prohibit the ownership of a second home. Not that it will affect me (unless i win lottery) I hope it will include travellers caravans.
soon we will need permission to scratch our arse!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
confidentincompetent said:
See that plans are well under way to prohibit the ownership of a second home. Not that it will affect me (unless i win lottery) I hope it will include travellers caravans.
soon we will need permission to scratch our a**e!!!!!!
won't affect holiday homes abroad ;) but seriously don't you think it is right to stop people cashing in to make money at the cost of others being unable to get their feet on the housing market?
what reason does anyone need to own more than one house? you can only live in one at a time! The only reason is to gain extra revenue.
As this is a small country and we don't want more building on green belt land then something has to be done.

kendor said:
confidentincompetent said:
soon we will need permission to scratch our a**e!!!!!!
won't affect holiday homes abroad ;) but seriously don't you think it is right to stop people cashing in to make money at the cost of others being unable to get their feet on the housing market?
what reason does anyone need to own more than one house? you can only live in one at a time! The only reason is to gain extra revenue.
As this is a small country and we don't want more building on green belt land then something has to be done.

What exactly is wrong with owning a second home? Some of us work b****y hard to get what we have. I don't have a second home in the UK, but I do have one overseas. What I decide to do with my money is my affair. In fact, the reason I bought property is as an investment rather than throw more cash down the drain by putting it in a pension fund.
Kendor, you're no doubt a labour voter. Thank you Tony and Gordon for 150 stealth taxes in seven years :!: How many homes do you suppose Two Jags has :?:

kendor Posted:
There are a lot of people that do not want a mortgage, paying rent to a private landlord is acceptable to them. They are doing a service.
The only reason is to gain extra revenue
Is it any different to buying stocks/shares....Its investment...What should we be doing with our spare money.

Sponsored Links
We need to recongise the difference between a second-home that is rented out to someone, and a second-home that is left empty except for the odd holiday weekend.

Its the second sort that is destroying communities and villages all over the country and should be taxed out of existence. Every empty house in a small village is a house that doesn't buy from the local shop, doesn't use the local petrol station, doesn't send its kids to the local school and therefore contributes to their closures.....

What about a pied a terre? I know plenty of people who have a big house in the country for the weekends and a little flat to live in during the week.

And surely a second house could just be put in the name of your partner? And any subsequent houses in the names of your children?

Any change in the law is going to have winners and losers, but I would instinctively feel a bit more sympathy for the young couple struggling to find anywhere for their first home, rather than the person who's forced to stay at their big country home during the week rather than their city pad.

But, as you say, there's hundreds of potential loopholes. Fortunately we know from experience that Prescott, Blair et al will think the whole thing through properly before presenting it to the public, and not just give us some half-baked load of arse....

Problem is, those with big houses in the country won't be able to commute from them. So, they will have to sell up and move nearer their job. But, people who would buy these houses would be others doing the same. So, there would be few takers.

Penalising these people really wouldn't solve any problems as the housing shortages are all in the towns and cities, which is where they would have to move to on a full-time basis. In addition, if they manage to sell their big country houses, it will drive up property prices in the towns as they will be able to pay more for a house.

Any step change in the way people live, or how they are taxed, is a bad thing as it is going to cause serious problems as many people suddenly find they don't have enough money and there is no way out except bankruptcy or repossession.

to answer those comments:there is a desperate shortage of homes as since maggie turned home ownership on it's head and allowed council houses to be bought there are those who have no choice but to pay someone else's mortgage and it is pure greed to want to own more than one property especially in this small country where land is hard to come by,if you want to buy lots of houses buy somewhere like australia where there is plenty of land to go round.
It's as bad as hoarding consumables during times of droughts and famine, don't be so greedy!!

kendor said:
it is pure greed to want to own more than one property especially in this small country where land is hard to come by,if you want to buy lots of houses buy somewhere like australia where there is plenty of land to go round.
It's as bad as hoarding consumables during times of droughts and famine, don't be so greedy!!
Do you think Prescott is greedy?

ferdinanddebargos said:
What exactly is wrong with owning a second home? Some of us work b****y hard to get what we have. I don't have a second home in the UK, but I do have one overseas. What I decide to do with my money is my affair.
And nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see it bought back compulsorily from you for a penny :)

masona said:
kendor said:
it is pure greed to want to own more than one property especially in this small country where land is hard to come by,if you want to buy lots of houses buy somewhere like australia where there is plenty of land to go round.
If he owns more than one house, yes.

masona said:

I have heard some talk about the Pope being a catholic. Has anyone else heard this ? Is it true ?

And they're saying some terrible things about the bears......

jtaunton said:
masona said:

I have heard some talk about the Pope being a catholic. Has anyone else heard this ? Is it true ?

And they're saying some terrible things about the bears......
he's certainly had more than his fair share of the pies :LOL:

kendor said:
ferdinanddebargos said:
What exactly is wrong with owning a second home? Some of us work b****y hard to get what we have. I don't have a second home in the UK, but I do have one overseas. What I decide to do with my money is my affair.
And nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see it bought back compulsorily from you for a penny :)

You should go and see a trick cyclist, you are obviously in need of proffessional help.

Sponsored Links
Back