Product search

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a light switch which has a metal plate with that design of raised ridges for grip:

plate.jpg

with the actual switch being a metal toggle with a bulbous end - like the ones in the old surface mount round brass light switches, if you get what I mean.

Anybody ever seen anything like this?

Sponsored Links
If you make your own switch you would have to fix an earth stud to the plate and then wouldn't you have to submit it to the BSI for approval. Don't the regs insist on a BS or CE mark?

Sponsored Links
I so much don't want to make my own.

But if I did, I'm sure that if the switch itself was suitably rated and CE marked, and I earthed it properly (could be done with a connection clamped between the switch and the plate, à la SWA banjo), they couldn't touch me for it, as long as I didn't offer any such assembly for sale.

Buy a modern copy of old fashioned toggle switch, then wait for a citroen berlingo to stop nearby, then cut a square of fabric from the seats. Cover your switch and hey presto! A metal look alike!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back