pull switch

des

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing a broken bathroom pull switch. But on inspection I see 6 wires coming from the partiss. ie 2 red and 4 yello/green!!!!!, which is what and how do i test and connect switch????????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
The 4 yellow/green are earth wires (i assume). God only knows what they are for! Simply join them all together and tuck them out of your way. Then connect the two reds into the two terminals on the new switch. (Doesn’t matter which is which) Ensure you tighten all connections securely.

Test it? Turn back on the power and pull the switch!

des said:
I am replacing a broken bathroom pull switch. But on inspection I see 6 wires coming from the partiss. ie 2 red and 4 yello/green!!!!!, which is what and how do i test and connect switch????????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

If you do not KNOW that the Grren/Yellow are Earth cables and that the Reds are Live (one only albeit when the switch is operated) then you have no business messing about with electrical equipment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back