Puma 80 perm pilot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Low water pressure light is on, pressure guage is OK (1.5bar)
I have replaced the WPS (water presure switch) but the light is still on.
Any Ideas?

Sponsored Links
Did you fit to the right connections on the LP switch ???

Probably marked "NO" and "C".

I dont remember the numbers as I test if I am not sure.

If its really correct then test the switch with a continuity meter!

I assume it really was a BRAND new switch?

Tony

The hole is blocked, where the gauge connects to the boiler!

De-pressurize the system, remove the gauge. The black dot in the centre needs to be cleared out. poke a small tool in until water runs out.

And remember the plastic sleeve on one of the switch terminals is often on the wrong terminal.

Sponsored Links
thanks, I found the correct terminal, and the light is now out. However I fitted a new temp sensor and an over heat thermostat. I have to unplug one of these terminals to stop the boiler firing all the time. When I do this it fires on demand as normal. I am baffled. Any Ideas on this one.

Did you fit the overheat stat in place of the frost stat ??????????????????????

The frost stat is UNDER the combustion chamber and has push on connections.

The overheat stat has solder connections and is hidden to the righ of the CC.

These DIYers............

Tony

the hole where the water switch screws into becomes blocked with sludge remove this refit switch should be ok :eek:

assured heating said:
the hole where the water switch screws into becomes blocked with sludge remove this refit switch should be ok :eek:
My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!

No - the DHW Overheat stat sits on the pipe. The DHW/CH TEMPERATURE Sensor screws into the pipe. Could I have been given the wrong DHW Overheat stat?. Is there a difference between a puma 80 and a puma 80e?

As Agile pointed out, you've changed the wrong stat!

The stat to the left of the DHW sensor is the frost stat

No, its not as I recall! The DHW sensor is on the 15 mm pipe at the extreme left and extremely difficult to access.

The frost stat in almost in the centre towards the back on the 22 mm flow pipe.

Its still a rather silly thing to do though particularly as there is a schematic on the inside of the cover which gives serious clues!

Tony

cgomez said:
thanks, I found the correct terminal, and the light is out now

Have you really found the correct terminal or just wired it so the lights out? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back