Pump overrun stuck on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I have one of the dreaded Worcester Combi boilers (branded British Gas and installed by them in 2008). Its pump overrun seems to be on constantly at the moment.

Going back a couple of months to when it was serviced (by a BG engineer) I noticed hours later that it was still humming, so I turned it off and on again and all was well. Then today I feared the pump had died (again - it's already been replaced 3 times), as the DHW wasn't getting hot and the boiler was kettling and showing 'U9' on the display. I was able to get a BG engineer quickly and to my surprise the boiler worked fine once he was here!! It is still working but the pump overrun will not stop, I noticed it wasn't stopping a while after the engineer left and noticed he was still in his van outside, so I went to ask and was just told 'It'll stop after a while', which it hasn't! I daren't turn it off again in case the pump fails to kick in when we need DHW again.

Any suggestions? Should I insist BG send an engineer again? I can't afford to have an independent plumber look at it.

Thanks in advance.
Matt.

(Edit to correct spelling mistake)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back