Pyronix Enforcer - How to disable/quieten Mains Failure alarm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need to replace an old (2012) Pyronix Enforcer panel as the display has faded to the point that it's almost unreadable.

I have an installer lined up to supply and fit a new panel (hopefully a recent V11 version), but they don't seem to be familiar with the latest firmware.

I'd like to sort out an annoyance with the previous panel -- when there's a power cut, the panel emits a very loud beep at regular intervals. It's not helpful and, even if I silence the alarm via the panel, it only mutes for a few minutes and then restarts.

I've read other threads here that suggest it's possible to disable or reduce the volume on the mains failure alarm, but not the specifics of how to do it. I've consulted the Pyronix manuals and found some possible options to change, but the text doesn't make it clear to me which one(s) will have the right effect.

1. Under "Change Timers" --> "AC Signal Delay"

Described as "Time delay before mains failure or technical alarm notified. NOTE: Arming '250' = never alarms". The range is 0 - 250 minutes and the default appears to be 040. I'm guessing that timing has changed since 2012 because, on the current panel, I'm sure that the beeping alarm starts much sooner than 40 minutes after a mains failure.

2. Under "Volume Control" --> "Day Alarm"

I read a suggestion that changing this value from its default of 5 to 2 (much quieter) or 0 (silent) will reduce the volume of the mains alarm beeping. It's not clear to me what else is affected by this setting, though, as I haven't found any description in the manual of what "Day Alarm" covers.

3. Under "Volume Control" --> "Silent technical alert"

It appears that changing this value from its default of 0 to 1 silences certain types of alarm conditions. However, the manual isn't clear on whether the mains failure alarm falls under this category. The text from the manual is "If this function is enabled then any technical alerts will be silenced, e.g. line fault, ARC call fail". What is a "technical alert"?

Obviously, I could ask the installer to play around with these settings, but I'm wary of undesirable side-effects from a position of mutual ignorance.

I'd be hugely grateful if someone familiar with this system could provide a steer to the best approach.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes it will work. Keypad will flash orange but no sound
Thanks for that. I'm fine with a visual indication of a mains failure. I don't need reminding with regular piercing audible shrieks, though -- if I'm home and there's a power cut then I'll be perfectly aware of that!

Are there any other "technical alert" conditions that might merit an audible warning (to draw immediate attention) as well as a visual one? If not, then it sounds as if changing "Volume Control --> Silent technical alert" from 0 to 1 is a suitable solution to this annoyance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back