Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, since yesterday, my Pyronix Enforcer 32-WE alarm at home (which uses the Digi GPRS SIM module) has not been polling according to the Pyronix cloud, yet I can still send and receive SMS messages associated with the GiffGaff mobile number associated with the panel. Has anyone seen or experienced similar issues?

Does anyone know if the Digi GPRS SIM module is a 2G/3G only device, or is it 4G capable as well. I know many mobile providers are switching off 3G this year or next year, so am wondering if it's not polling (and thus can't control my panel by the pyronix smart app) because 3G is no longer available in my area?

I am thinking it's lost its 3G signal, hence why it's no longer polling the Pyronix Cloud, but still has it's basic 2G connectivity, hence why the basic SMS capability directly to and from the panel is still working. Just a guess though and I will monitor it over the next few days to see if it resolves itself.

Top one is my alarm, bottom is my grandparents:

Regards Elliott.

Sponsored Links
I once asked CSL about this they said they didnt work on 4G. I would try rebooting the panel in the first instance

Have you googled….mobile service works in my area ? We had a job on digi air that kept loosing contact …on further searching the local tower was having maintenance work done for 4 weeks …it’s been ok since the work had been completed…

I once asked CSL about this they said they didnt work on 4G. I would try rebooting the panel in the first instance

Rebooting the panel fixed it (shame you can't do this from the engineers menu and have to instead physically power down the panel).

I may still upgrade to the V11 panel with built in Wi-Fi and save the £72 a year I pay for the sim in the panel.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back