Pyronix night set, full set, alarm activated. Why?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have setup my euro46 panel. Full set A works well for me.

I set alarm, choose A. Timer starts, if I open and close my final exit the timer stops, alarm sets and confirmation noise occurs. When I return open the front door, timer starts, I then have time to unset.

The problem comes when I try to do a B set.

For B set, I want all downstairs on active alarm (I.e. bed). So I setup all the pirs and magnets I want in B, (I.e. deselecting those upstairs from B).

I have to pass downstairs hallway sensor to get to keypad, so I have set that as an entry route (also have to pass that for fullset A - without issue - I.e. it doesn't activate my alarm, atleast not when i come throught the front door)

The problem came last night on first test/use of B. I tried to set the alarm using the keypad, put code in chose B, it said exit via route or some similar words on the keypad, and started the timer (silently as i have setup). But just did not set; it simply just stopped doing the timer noise and instead a very long beep, which lasted an age. Till I came back down and the timer started and unset.

So instead I set via the homecontrol app. Chose B. The alarm then started a timer which was audible (but I have B set with no audible timer). It then set and gave an audible confirmation. Q1 - WHY DID IT MAKE THE TIMER NOISE WITH APP SELECTION OF PART B AND HOW DO I STOP THIS?

Last night, no activations upstairs, so based on the app showing B active, and the fact upstairs sensors did not activate alarm, I'm confident B set. The problem came when I came downstairs this morning, for which the alarm immediately activated instead of starting the entry timer. Q2 - WHAT IS SETUP WRONG HERE?

Q3 - ON THIS ACTIVATION I NOTICED THE INTERNAL BELL SOUNDED, BUT THE EXTERNAL BELL DID NOT, WHERE DO I ACTIVATE THIS/TEST ITS WORKING?

Thanks for the help!

Sponsored Links
1 App exit volume is programmed seperately under volume control.
2 Program hall sensor as ER (area FX).
3 can do siren test in engineer tests or manager menu

1 App exit volume is programmed seperately under volume control.
2 Program hall sensor as ER (area FX).
3 can do siren test in engineer tests or manager menu
So managed to do all of these.

Still having the same problem. Set B again tonight, silent countdown, walked upstairs within 10 seconds (have 30 sec count set). After 30 seconds, it starts beeping as it does as if I'd just entered after it was armed I.e. telling me I have to input code. Walked down, keypad still read exit via front hall. Input code and turned off.

Double checked all marked for B is only downstairs, so not sure what the issue is and why it won't arm..

Any thoughts

Whats it show in the logs ? Sounds like set fail timer has expired before your exit timer

Sponsored Links
Change the 'set fail' timer to 100 in change timers. Also change 'use level set' to yes in site options

All working! Thanks :) happy bunny. I think it was the level set in engineer that did it. The fail timer was already at 60

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back