Question about Megger MFT1552

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking about buying a Megger MFT1552 for my DISQ. I'm assuming this piece of test equipment conforms to BS7671 & the 16th Edition. If the 17th edition comes out later on this year will the MFT1552 be out of date ?

Cheers

Marc.

Sponsored Links
i have the megger 1502/2 and it does all the tests that BS7671 require, the 1552 does too i believe.

the new regs arent going to call for any radically new tests so youl be fine with the 1552

Sponsored Links
I'd hold back until you've done the course norv. When you do the course the college will have test kit, which they'll demonstrate for you. When you start testing it's hard enough getting the steps you need to follow straight in your head It's inadvisable to get the kit and try and get used to it off your own bat.

ayen - Not bought it yet but they are about £580 on http://isswww.co.uk

newspark_paul - My original plan was to wait until I'd done the course but I received the confirmation letter today & it gave a list of the things I needed to have. I think I'll give them a ring tomorrow to check if they have a tester I can borrow.

:D

i no got one about 2 weeks ago my fluke was stolen off site :mad: the label printer retails at 80 quid so good deal.

Norv

You could ask college if you can use your own tester

I have a megger 1502/2 and it's very easy to use

Norv said:
newspark_paul - My original plan was to wait until I'd done the course but I received the confirmation letter today & it gave a list of the things I needed to have. I think I'll give them a ring tomorrow to check if they have a tester I can borrow.

:D

How are you testing your current work?

Hi Marc,

I've had the 1552 for a few months now and been very pleased with it. The only difference between it and the 1502 is the automatic RCD test which might save a few trips to the CU if you are on your own.

Generally seems to be well made and easy to use.

I got mine from iswww and had no problems at all - glad to see its considerably cheaper than when I bought it though, and with a free label printer :rolleyes: C'est La Vie.

Gavin

Hi Norv

did you get a megger because i will start the 2391 soon and wondered if you was told to get a meter by the college

cheers

vince

Norv hasn't posted in a fair few months, and this topic is over 2 years old.

I've got the 1553, and to be frank the powersuite software is cack so there's little need for the bluetooth.

Go for the 1552, you wont fail to be happy with it, really like the RCD auto test function myself.

yep i got the 1552

at home just have no instuctions and i am starting the 2391 soon

but was told most meters work the same so dont need to get instructions was told it came on a disk and was thinking of getting the disk from megger but dont think i will now

just done the 17th, do you think there is much if any thing different when using meters then the 16th ?

cheers

vince

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back