Doctor Drivel

Anyone any data on this:

- Combis
- System
etc.

or just opinions.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I generally find pre-mix burner boilers quieter and fan in the flue-way appallingly noisy.

penpusher said:
baxpoti said:
Powermax - silent

That's cos theyre usually waiting for someone to fix em

Probably referring to the new powermaxes....share nothing at all in common with the old range style things.

ollski said:
penpusher said:
baxpoti said:
Powermax - silent

Probably referring to the new powermaxes....share nothing at all in common with the old range style things.

The new has an unvented cylinder, while the old Range was an integrated thermal store. Using a plate heat exchanger would have improved the thing no end.

Valliant Turbomax is very much like a panzer when it starts up and not nice at 6 am :(

ollski said:
Doctor Drivel said:
Using a plate heat exchanger would have improved the thing no end.

Lots of them did.

That's right, right towards the end before Potterton ditched it and gave the name to another different model. I heard they ditched it out of professional pride - they never designed it.

I always like the Range version and the plate heat Xs made matters better in DHW delivery.

ollski said:
penpusher said:
baxpoti said:
Powermax - silent

yes you are right
and if they are out of warranty only call me if you want to remove it
get a Worchester bosch great boiler great company voted best boiler 3yrs running great back up
I have fitted 200 in the last 3yrs and have had no problems I give 7yr parts and labour guarantee
they give me 3 yrs that is commitment

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back