Quietest Combi ? any suggestions please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
minimum 24 KW Condensing Combi boiler to go in bedroom.

can anyone sugget which make or models might be the quietest in operation :?:

Also any tips on removing the condensate, current proposed solution would be to run a new 50mm waste pipe from an internal stand-pipe and trap, out through the wall and into the stack. :?:

Sponsored Links
The Valliant Turbomax makes a right racket so thats one to take off your list. :(

Sponsored Links
thanks for the suggestions so far, what about the condensate

any one else ?...............don't be shy !

Nearly all well maintained boilers are fairly quiet . One I know that tends to be noisy from new due to a bad design explosive ignition prob is Ideal Isars. Mostly noise comes from a worn out fan or pump with most combi's

Suggest you base your choice more on economy and e-friendliness so check out http://www.boilers.org.uk Boiler efficiency database.

Reliabilty, availability and cost of spares are also an issue.
If you are in a hard water area that is also a factor
Talk to ten plumbers and they will all have a fave boiler for different reasons.
I wont tell you mine cos people come from far away just to laff loudly at me even when I only tell em its an anagram of 'there a van'.
Every one of these I have fitted I have never been called back to and they're as cheap as chips and quiet too.

Re: the condensate
Making a trap out of elbows is I'm told acceptable and you only need 32mm pipe . or a washing machine trap and standpipe reduced to 32 on the outlet should be ok.
More important is the point that it should not flow through metal pipe at any stage before reaching the drain

brumylad said:
minimum 24 KW Condensing Combi boiler to go in bedroom.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm pretty sure you can't put that in a bedroom! Who would want a noisy boiler in a bedroom anyway??

Sometimes theres nowhere else for em to go.
No law against it but I agree its a bit naff.
Its ok to build a cupboard round it though and most if not all condensers now don't need any 'compartment ventilation'
Might qualify for part L exemption If its replacing a boiler from another room and flueing or condensate drainage is a problem, meaning it may not have to be condensing.

Just read first post more closely >>>If soil stack is metal you cant connect condensate drain to it

Thanks again for the response, feeling more reassured by no one identifying any particular brand etc.

Part J

4.2 Open-flued oil-fired appliances should not be installed in rooms such as bathrooms and bedrooms where there is an increased risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Where locating combustion appliances in such rooms cannot be avoided, a way of meeting the requirements would be to provide room-sealed appliances.

The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998

30. (2) No person shall install a gas fire, other gas space heater or a gas water heater of more than 14 kilowatt gross heat input in a room used or intended to be used as sleeping accommodation unless the appliance is a room-sealed appliance.

I can't find regs against it either, But please advise if anyone knows why this could be dangerous in any way.

Great advice on the metal soil pipe SB.com.....cheers, (if we get the job will be first condenser), I'll ask BC if they'll stand a 32mm or 50mm stack running to a gully. It could be a night mare though.

part L exemption

Thanks I'll look at this carefully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back