Quote check

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ripped my bath out. Quote for refit (labour only) including 1st fix (minor reposition of 2x22mm bath. 3 x 15mm basin/wc. Plus waste). WC same position.
Floor/ceiling tile.
2nd fix bath/basin/vanity/wc/shower(in bath).
Including Elec UFH.

All fitting provided including tiles/ground/adhesive.

£4500?

Seemed a bit high to me? Figure 1day 1st fix. 3 days tiling (approx 25 sqm).
2 days 2nd fix?

He’s saying 8 days but so £450 a day?

I am in a hurry and he said it’s a “mates rate” would normally charge £7-£8k.
(I’ll be stud walling the old doorway)
Thoughts?
CBBACD2F-D4D2-4A4E-9B40-FEF66017EC06.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Depends on what size tiles, ceramic or porcelain, tile pattern etc, etc....It does sound like a lot of money to me and you would be best getting at least another two quotes so you can compare. His 8 days quote is £562.50 per day or approx £70 per hour, nice work if you can get it but i wouldn't pay that.

Looking at 600x600 tiles. Waiting on an updated quote I told him 25sqm should £1000 plus half day for 1st fix £150. 2nd fix two days £500. I’ll round to £2k as I’m in a rush.

Sponsored Links
Whereabouts in Sussex are you?

Maybe somebody can recommend tradesmen….I live in Sussex

You’ve been quoted a “turnkey” bathroom refit price, I’d say the guy has looked at the bathroom size and thought “I’d usually get around £X,000 for it.

You would get a better price by getting a plumber to do the sanitary ware and a tiler to do the tiles.

Yep I think that’s what happened, it’s a friend of my daughters that said he can do it but I think he’s just subbing it and taking a slice. Ive fitted 5 bathroom in my time, no leaks or issues but I’m rammed for time but if I have to do it myself I guess I’ll have to.
I’m moving in next Friday and have to have it done by then plus I have two large rooms to plaster and decorate before I even start on downstairs!
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back