rain rain and more rain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The rain is back, with a vengance.

So far the front street has flooded again, tha back garden is under a couple of inches, and the downstairs electrics have tripped out because theres a submerged junction box under the floorboards. :( The problem we face now that we didnt in the summer, is the gas heating is powered by the downstairs electrics. I'm off out to buy a 3 pin plug and an extension lead in a bit. ;)

It reminds us very much of the summer, when all of south yorkshire was under water. See my account of that in the link below.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=629352#629352

Sponsored Links
The prediction for global warming has always been warmer and wetter. Fifty years ago there would have been hard frost and frozen ponds at this time of year, now just endless rain - and it's set to get worse.
As I understand it, when the world's climate is hotter then the heat causes more evaporation of the oceans around the equator which is then dumped over land. It looks like the 50 year event is now the 5 year event, and if things continue, will soon be the yearly event. Basically, your house will flood twice yearly.

Thinking about it, I dont think our house could flood above the floorboards. When the street flooded in summer, it was because it is a dip. It has always flooded, just not to this extent. Now, the level the water got to, in my opinion, was the highest it could ever get to, simply because at that point, the water was running out of the dip. So I think, unless all of Doncaster floods, our house will never get flooded. :D

Untitled-7.jpg

Sponsored Links
too hot....global warming

too wet....global warming

too cold.....global warming

too dry....global warming

anyone ever heard of good old fashioned weather? used to happen years ago you know before global warming!

we never had old fashioned weather when i was a kid,we only had the new stuff :(

the sooner the rivers fine down the better.was in amongst some rather large barbel(sshhh).now they dissapeared :cry:
i hope the rivers fine down soon joking aside,it has a devastating effect on the creatures that live in them.i know people are suffering but were not the only ones to lose our homes.

know exactly what you mean, there were a few little goldfish made homeless for a while ;)

Sponsored Links
Back