RAVENHEAT LITTLE STAR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I wonder if you can help me with a problem with my boiler. I have a Ravenheat Little Star, approx 5 yrs old.

When the CH reaches the correct temperature, the boiler starts to cycle on/off, sometimes every minute which is more than the 2 mins stated in the manual. What is also happening is I am getting a very loud bang/clunk noise in pipework several metres away and occasional short bursts of tapping noise, but only when the pump is in over-run after the burners stop.

Entire system done with Fernox DS-40 last week and inhibitor added. Both thermistors replaced a couple of months ago as I thought these may be the issue (it appears not).

Any ideas appreciated!

Pigeonboy

Sponsored Links
Is your pump noisy? Is there a tiny leak from underneath it?
Theres loads of other stuff that could be going on but from here I would pot shot that as being most likely.
Logic behind that is that if the water isn't circulating as it should then the ch thermistor will do its job and stop the gas burning cos its too hot in there resulting in cycling. In pump over-run mode the water isnt moving quickly enough through the boiler for the over-run to be effective.
Try not to get too involved in fixing it. I like all Ravenheats except this one. Renew it as soon as it looks as though it will start costing you money. After 5 years you have had your moneys worth out of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back