Ravenheat RSF 820/20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I have an issue with our Ravenheat RSF 820/20 combi boiler. Last week for no reason the central heating decided to fire itself up for no reason, despite being set to hot water only mode. The only way to stop it has been to shut the whole thing down. When i turn the power back on and fire the pilot again, it sits there doing nothing for about 5 mins and then for no reason it fires up the heating again. there is no way to stop it apart from turning the power off. If you try to immediatly fire up the boiler after turning it off you can hear some kind of pumping going before the pilot if lit.

My reason for posting is to see if someone has any idea what the issue may be before I get someone out to sort out. My usual boiler man has disappeared and I'm considering the british gas one fee to resolve the issue, but if this is something simple (cheap) then I wil try to find an alternative local business instead. If big job, then the british gas option is tempting.

On another note, whilst waiting to get this fixed, is it safe to leave the pilot light on, but the electiric off to the boiler? Or better to turn off power and pilot light? Is becoming a pain to re-light every morning to have a shower, but if ok the leave pilot on and power off, then will go with that. but if dangerous, will stick with the re-light each day.

hope this makes sense - any advice greatly appreciated.

thanks

Pete.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back