RAZOR SOCKETS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I HAVE AN EX GUEST HOUSE APPROX 70 YEARS OLD. IN EACH ROOM THERE IS A RAZOR SOCKET (OF WHICH ONLY TWO ARE USED). I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN CONVERT THESE RAZOR SOCKETS INTO POWER POINTS AND IF I CAN THEN SPUR OFF TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL BOXES. THE FUSE RATING FOR THE SHAVER POINTS IS 15AMPS. ALL OF THE SHAVER POINT WIRES CONNECT INTO A JUNCTION BOX WHICH THEN GOES TO THE MAIN JUNCTION BOX AND THEN TO THE DISTRIBUTION BOX.

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
no, and please don't SHOUT
I'll whisper then, to balance it.

If (as it could be from the description) it's a multi-legged radial circuit, wouldn't the OK/not-OK verdict depend on the size of cable used and the floor area served?

ban-all-sheds said:
breezer said:
no, and please don't SHOUT
I'll whisper then, to balance it.

If (as it could be from the description) it's a multi-legged radial circuit, wouldn't the OK/not-OK verdict depend on the size of cable used and the floor area served?

yes but the poster said ALL OF THE SHAVER POINT WIRES CONNECT INTO A JUNCTION BOX which would imply it is neither radial or ring but "spider"

Sponsored Links
I think the fact that there is a dedicated shaver circuit explains it all: Seeing as a shaver draws what, 5 watts? This circuit was never intended to power 13A devices. If used as such it would probably trip/fuse all the time and cause you more headaches than it is worth anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back