Re fitting a door entry handset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The door entry phone has been pulled off the wall and I need to rewire it to operate the main door.

Unfortunately none of the wires are left in the connections for me to see which wires go where.

The cable looks like a Cat5 / bell wire with a number of coloured wires.

On the right the terminals are labeled 1,2,3 and 4 with 3 and 4 being ac/dc supply?

The left has d,s and b marked with only s and b having connectors.

Is there a standard way these are wired and if so what colour goes where?

Many thanks for any help.
IMG-20240905-WA0010.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately no ….post pictures of the front of the handset as it looks like some cheap chinese no brand …

It certainly looks cheap and is unbranded. I don't mind buying a new handset I just want to know I will be able to connect it.

20240907_092001.jpg
20240907_092009.jpg

This is the main panel. There is a company online also called entryphone so I will call them on Monday and see if this is one of theirs.

If there is a way to wire up a new one that would be prefered over calling out an engineer.
20240907_092920.jpg

Sponsored Links
Ok …I do know of entryphone London but you don’t see any of the equipment in my area , the phone doesnt look like any of the products they sell , did this phone ever work / was it connected ? Sometimes people use the existing entry panel and wire another brand onto it so can’t comment , first step would to to ask a neighbour if they have the same handset

Google intercoms r us then look at handset finder , look at the entry phone handsets , they don’t look like yours

Cheers. To be honest I dont know if it has ever worked.

Can I buy a "entryphone london" handset and connect or would I need to get them in to do it?

Find if a neighbour has the same phone, or if a different make, then either way ask if you can look at how theirs is wired up. This will tell you which of the wires are used and which not (so you can cross them off the list). Next, which two wires for power, and which of the two is +ve and -ve.

Next, two wires for the phone bit of it and one(?) for door release.

What you'll have done is reduce the permutations from 720 ways for 6-wire or 40,000+ for 8-wire down to just 9 or fewer with the three wires left to connect. (2x coms, 1x release)

Normal intercoms are 4+1 ( 90 % )
Speech in
Speech out
Common
Lock release
Buzzer ( + 1 )
70% AC supply ….12-15 v ac

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back