Red light on pull cord shower switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had someone undo the shower switch with pull cord to fix a broken cord from inside. He succeeded, and it's working again now but the red light indicator is now permanently off. The red light used to be dim and flickering, and the gentleman told me it looked like it is burnt when he opened the unit. My questions are: could this be because the wiring is the wrong way around, or is it possible that it is just a burnt light bulb inside? If it is a burnt light bulb, are these normally replaceable? It's an old Legrand 45A unit from probably 29 years ago.

Another question, replacement similar units seem to range from £10 to £30 from reputable sources. Are the more expensive ones likely to be any longer lasting? Is there a well known long lasting and safe brand I should be looking for?

Thanks everyone.

Sponsored Links
The red light is now always OFF?

It's possible he's moved the bulb from the window.
It's possible he's pulled one of bulb leads out.

The Crabtree is very solidly built.

The new ones have an LED which is expected to last much longer than the old neon.

Cables for showers are quite large and it is a good idea to retighten the terminal screws after a week to two to clamp the copper, which compresses after initial tightening.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back