Red pipe, blue knob leaking under kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, the pic below shows the pipe under my kitchen sink which leaks (but only at night) about half a bowl of water. It seems tight so not sure how it is leaking. Can I fix this myself? I assume the blue knob is on “closed”, would turning that knob help possibly?

Thanks

A9473E3C-222D-4772-9BB7-0A3ACA11D552.jpeg

B0433AB1-66AB-43F6-9C7E-8307840EEE06.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Blue knob is in the open position You probably need a new washer in the hose attachment

The blue knob is in the on position. Those types of isolators can leak from the spindle although looking at the connection tothe brass pipe that is corroded so is possibly leaking as well. Turning the blue knob to the off position will not stop the leak unless it is coming from the plastic connector which also are prone to leak. There is a fair bit of diagnostic work to find out what is leaking and the reason it only seems to happena t night is because the pressure will have been built up with no water usage.

Sponsored Links
The 3 places that leaks can develop ..
1. Where the copper pipe connects to the valve .
2. From the spindle below the blue handle.
3. The hose connection to the valve ( white plastic bit)
You need to tell us which it is ,all 3 are relatively simple to cure.
There doesn't appear to be any water showing in your pic ,are you sure the leak is from that area ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back