Repairing holes in tar loft felt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the tar like felt under the tiles and in places it has holes - mainly roofers toes have pocked through when they re set the ridge tiles so its small toe/foot sized flaps. I have tried patching with flashband which works well for a while but this time of year some has peeled off.
So any ideas of some fancy polymer, would CT1 work as a glue for some patches made out of shed felt. Or what else could I use as I do not have any shed felt. Something I can buy in small amounts. I do have some spare double width brick DPC roll pieces.
Thank you everyone.

Sponsored Links
I've done repairs to such, with Flashband. Just gentle with the heat from an electric heat gun to melt the tar on the back of the tape.

Sponsored Links
I've done repairs to such, with Flashband. Just gentle with the heat from an electric heat gun to melt the tar on the back of the tape.
Thanks. At the time I didn't have a heat gun so softened it over the gas ring then ran up into the loft with it before it hardened up -- think - its a knock out and you you will understand
I now do have a heat gun to use. Some of the flashband has stayed on but other bits have fallen off. Problem is that you can not press it too hard for fear of making it worse.
:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back