Repairing sinking block paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning .

Some of my driveway block paving is sinking.

Any advice on how I can lift them and relevel please?

Do I need concrete too?

Attachments

• 20240718_104837.jpg
    20240718_104837.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 49
  • 20240718_104825.jpg
    20240718_104825.jpg
    547.9 KB · Views: 43
Sponsored Links
Just lift blocks. Fill and replace them.
I have similar problems with slabs that sink. Ground is wet I guess

Kill that ants nest under the blocks, thats what is dragging the sand out, then re level with sand and tap home.

Sponsored Links
What tool can I buy to lift the slabs?
It's a fiddly one. There isn't a tool, but we use a pair of pointing trowels to get the first block out, then a pick or a brick hammer to ease the others out.

You'll need to remove as much of the fill material out of a single paviour joint. Once you can push a trowel in there, you should be able to wriggle the first block out.

Start on a convex paviour and not a sunken (concave) one.

Once you get the first one out its easier getting the rest out, you need a straight length of timber 6 foot will do looking at your pictures and a lump hammer or a rubber mallet.

It's a fiddly one. There isn't a tool, but we use a pair of pointing trowels to get the first block out, then a pick or a brick hammer to ease the others out.

You'll need to remove as much of the fill material out of a single paviour joint. Once you can push a trowel in there, you should be able to wriggle the first block out.

Start on a convex paviour and not a sunken (concave) one.
Put this on your Xmas list, will also come in handy as a spare mixer handle;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back