replace toilet inlet float valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, Newby requires help please.

Just replaced my mothers inlet float valve because the old one was filling up as normal but continued to go over the float and then the water running out over .
the internal overflow all the time, everything was ok for 2 weeks, and we are back to square one, its doing exactly the same thing and this is a new unit. my mother system is gravity fed if thats any help, mothers not happy because she has a water meter, and her last bill was astronomical.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated :LOL:

Sponsored Links
What type of valve is it? Also, just a thought but could it be some debris in the supply causing a blockage.

What part did you replace. Mostly it's the rubber washer or diaphragm that needs replacing, but I've found the 'venturi nozzle' also gets a small groove across face which lets water pass, so it's best to replace both when you have problem. Also make sure 'ball' does not have any leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back