Replacement CH and Hot Water programmer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to replace an aging Randall 4033 Heating and Hot water prgrammer, see wiring diagram below, with a new electronic unit.

wiring_d_4033(2).gif

As I don't want to chase any more wires into the tiled wall can anyone recommend an appropriate compatible replacement please?

As there is a common present does this have to be used or can a new electronic prgrammer without common terminals be used, such as Dandoss Mk18? Equally can the common be shared for a programmer requiring common on heating and water, Danfoss SET3E.

Mk18 FP715
wiring_d_cp_fp715(1).gif

SET3E
wiring_d_set2e_3e_etc.gif

I would state that I'm after advice before calling a pro, I just want to understand what I'm talking about a bit more first.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I would go with the two channel horstmann programmer like the one that TTC reccomended.

I have one in my kitchen. They are easy to use, and not too ugly, and will be fine as a direct replacement for your existing randall programmer.

You currently have a two channel programmer, so will need This one

The one in TTCs link is only single channel.

Sponsored Links
That'll do me, thanks.

There's a Screwfic trade counter 5 miles away so I'll call in tomorrow.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back