replacing my 7.2kw shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi could anyone help i have currently got a 7.2 kw shower running from a 30 amp power supply
i need to replace it but would like to upgrade it to a higher kw unit but the largest fused supply i have is 30 amp
is there any way of doing this without having to upgrade my consumer unit

Sponsored Links
If your cu is 'full' you will need a dedicated cu and rcd for the shower. Take supply from existing meter tails using a Henly and same size tails.

If you're fitting a higher wattage shower it's not only the fuse/mcb that needs upgrading, the cable may need replacing too. You may need a 10mm cable (whereas you may only have 6mm cable at present). Cable size is determined by many factors - design current, length of run, environment it runs in, grouping, etc.

And even if the CU is not full, you may also be limited by what is available for it, and what is the largest it can safely support.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back