Repressuring Combi boiler only for HOT WATER?? w/o CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
You can repressurise then close the valves on boiler and re drain

Obviously if u have open ends that my be a problem

how would i do that? would that exclude the CH, rads etc?

Fill the system up as normal then close the 2 valves on the bottom of the boiler. it's the 2 pipes closest to the left hand side

It may be possible to close the valves and then fill but depends on the valves/connections. I can't remember what they are like on this boiler.

Turn ch dial to 0 aswell

Sponsored Links
the problem i have had is... I dont know if im doing it wrong!

I tried filling the boiler up.... with the already pipe connected at the bottom of the boiler. But the water started spirting out in some of the rad pipes which are disconnected upstairs.

So I payed a pro to do it. He has done it without a problem! he said only the water will work for time being. Then after a week the pressure dropped down to 0. I had to call hiim again. He did it again. Again advising me not to use CH until rads are back on .

I never can see what he is doing donwstairs with the boiler as he tells me to wait upstairs... obviousily trying to milk more money out of me n not showing me how its done.

So what do you think im doing wrong? When i do it, water ends up coming out of the disconnected rad pipes. when he does it, it doesnt. I dont quite get it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back