Restoring timber floor junction with concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am renovating our kitchen and dining room in an old Victorian property. The floorboards look good and I want to restore them, which I'm totally ok with, but there are small areas (eg. around the old fireplace and at an extension area) where there's concrete floor.

I was thinking of tiling these but the floor levels are currently flush. Installing tiles would raise the concrete floor level higher than the wood floor. Any alternative suggestions for how I can treat the concrete areas so they look as fabulous as the wood floors will, while not costing the earth?

Sponsored Links
DSC_3176.JPG

Sorry for not posting image earlier, it was late.

Sponsored Links
OP,
Your pics only partially show the hearth, and there's no photo of the extension area.
If you stand back & pic the whole chimney breast from left to right, & post a pic of the extension flooring it would help.
The floorboards directly next to the hearth have been previously lifted - why not carefully prise them up, & then post a pic of the front edge of the hearth that will be revealed?
After a little work you will have the choice of fixing tiles level with your floor or running new boards across the excavated hearth area?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back