Retro fit heated skirting board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have radiators fed from 10mm microbore in my downstairs living room. I was wondering about the prospect of removing and installing heated skirting boards? First question is would they preform on 10mm pipework if I upsized to 15mm for connection to the skirts. The ones I have seen seem to be feed with two 15mm pipes coming up from the floor. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Really comes down to size - 10mm flows at a certain rate and the larger the rad the longer it can take to heat up. That and there is a certain size limit before 10mm can't supply it adequately.

It can certainly affect the performance of the system - again though size dependent

Reactions: DP
One downside is heating and cooling of these heat emitters often results in ticking noise

While retrofitting UF heating is a BIG task, end results are different level.
Done up this in last three houses son has been in

IMG_6622.jpeg

All of downstairs no radiators, all overlay 10mm pipe

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The noise from skirting heating referred to in one of the replies is usually associated with the older finrad style with copper pipes and aluminium fins as each metal expanded and contracted at slightly different rates.
The newer radiant infra red type are basically a radiant surface (like UFH) but disguised as a skirting board.
ThermaSkirt is one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back