Riello RDB burner - firing but then cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi wonder if anyone can help.
I’ve recently tried firing up my boiler (with an Riello RDB burner) after the summer of not using it and it is cutting out.
On turning on for the first time
  1. Starts the usual humming for about 10-15 sec
  2. Solenoid clicks in and it fires as usual and burns (sounding normal) for about 30 seconds.
  3. There is then a faint noise (almost like it not burning quite right or not pumping right, difficult to tell), the solenoid then clicks and the burning stops but the usual humming (heard at start up) continues
  4. Solenoid clicks on again but the boiler then trips and turns itself off
  5. When I press the reset, it starts the usual humming for about 10-15 sec, solenoid clicks on but then the boiler immediately trips out again – not firing as it did the first time.
If I leave it 10mins it will then following the same steps 1-5.

After seeing issues flagged with the photocell, I disconnected the photo cell plug, hit reset and it hums as usual for 10-15 secs as per step 1 above, solenoid kicks in for 5 secs and then it trips off.

Any thoughts? I’m tempted to replace the photocell but before I do wanted to check if anyone knows if this is the likely cause.
Many Thanks
Alex

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back