Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Subject: Assistance Needed with Risco Lightsys Alarm - "Device Fault - Com. Module (LAN)"

Hello,

I’m experiencing an issue with my Risco Lightsys Alarm system and would appreciate any guidance. Currently, I’m unable to set the alarm using the iRisco app, key fob, tags, or even from the main panel itself.

Upon checking the event log, I consistently see daily entries stating: “Device Fault - Com. Module (LAN)”.

I’m unsure whether this is due to a configuration issue or if it's related to a hardware fault.

One potential factor I’ve considered is that this may have started after I installed a Wi-Fi mesh system (TP-Link Deco XE75 Pro). However, I’ve since reverted back to my original broadband setup, but the error persists, and I’m still seeing the same “Device Fault - Com. Module (LAN)” message.

At this point, I’m a bit stuck and unsure how to resolve the issue.

If anyone has encountered a similar problem or knows of a solution, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-07 at 10.05.54 am.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-07 at 10.05.54 am.png
    272.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Were you setting this up?
Was or working previously?
What’s changed ?

Can you see the connection on your router ?

Thanks for replying, answers below.

Were you setting this up?
Alarm was installed but a company, but yes I was setting up the new mesh network, but like I said, I removed the mesh network and gone back to a network when the alarm was working.

Was or working previously?
Yes, alarm been working fine for years, but to be fair, we wasn't using the alarm at all back in march due to some serious renovation.

What’s changed ?
Nothing

Can you see the connection on your router ? yeah I can see it on my BT router, its also hard wired Ethernet

Any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
well things have changed.

1. no mesh to mesh and back again.
2, installed by an alarm company. when?
Risco dont offer a long on a free connection last time I installed a new one, after that its an annual cost.

so
1. can you see the lan module on the network if not then its likely a network issue
2. if you can see it on network and its not working likely is a subscription issue.

if the the details in the alarm panel match those of the router then it should work okay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back