Risk of wood floor damage during loft conversion - needless worry?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to have new engineered oak flooring installed throughout my duplex apartment in about 6 week's time, including the staircase and upstairs landing.

I also just got approval for a loft conversion to go ahead. I'm worried that the new wood flooring would get damaged when doing the loft conversion at the stage of installing a new internal staircase to the loft. Does anyone know if that's a needless concern and if it's likely that floor protection used in construction would prevent scuffing and scratching of the new flooring?

I could postpone the flooring project until after the loft if there's high risk of damage being caused during loft conversion. I'd prefer not to change the flooring project timing, but could do so if needed.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
Adequate floor protection will do just as it is intended, you should bring this to the attention of whoever is doing the loft, if they are good it will not be a problem! Or just waiting would probably be better.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back