Roller for applying artex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a small utility room with a smooth plastered finish to the ceiling. Thought I would like to have a go at a dead easy artex pattern on it. What sort of roller would give a just normal all over pattern, no swirls just slight pattern or stipple look, loads on amazon but would like a name of one if possible, thank you.

Sponsored Links

Do you mind if I ask why you would want a stippled finish on smooth plaster? I get the impression that stippled finishes are no longer in vogue.

Your choice either way though. If you do for it, are you going to do a flat perimeter around the edge?. I can't see how you will have stipple all the way up the edge. That said, I have never tried to stipple a ceiling.

Best of luck.

All my ceiling's are smooth so i just wanted a different look in a small room and to see if I could do it well. I know they are not in vogue but I like a slight stipple finish rather then bland plain. I will tape around the edge and then roller, been trying out different rollers on some spare plaster board, just wanted a answer from somebody's who has done it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back