Round wire on spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst decorating i decided to sink a double plug socket into the wall, when i removed the socket cover i have found that the socket which is a spur from another in the room has been connected to the main socket using some white round cable which has brown blue and yellow/green wires,( it is similar to the cable used on electrical appliances only a bit thicker ) Should i change it or is this cable ok to use.

Sponsored Links
I'd have a look behind other sockets and switches in the house to see what other gems you find

Thanks, i have now replaced cable with 2.5mm, done a small bit of plastering and redecorated :LOL: (yippee). I have also checked two other spurs one is ok but the other looks like it only has 1.5mm T+E in :confused: , this socket is on the landing and is only used for the vacuum, will it be ok to leave it like this until i decorate there aswell, as i have to remove skirting and floorboards etc.............
Thanks again

Sponsored Links
if there is a fault then the cable will go before the fuse / mcb does, so its best you change it now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back