Row of tiles in front of dormer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody give me thoughts on this please am I just fussy?

Tiles seem ok from right to left until we get to waste pipe and the kick horribly and also look terrible from garden.

Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_7721.png
    IMG_7721.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7722.png
    IMG_7722.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_7723.jpeg
    IMG_7723.jpeg
    199.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7834.png
    IMG_7834.png
    564.9 KB · Views: 94
Sponsored Links
Can anybody give me thoughts on this please am I just fussy?

Tiles seem ok from right to left until we get to waste pipe and the kick horribly and also look terrible from garden.

Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated
Is this a joke thread?

You have a black monstrosity, with horrific tendrils hanging from it, snaking its way up the roof, attached to an architectural tragedy, and all you can see are a few skewed tiles? :oops:
What gauge are those tiles set at? They look like they are over gauge?

Blimey I didn’t think it was that bad

I have no idea what the gauge of tiles is other than they seem flatter to the left and leave a horrible gap to the gutter

Sponsored Links
Tiles are over gauge and top course missing. How's the svp weathered? on the dormer .
The roof tiles might look odd to you but the gutter has to run :ROFLMAO:

Tiles are over gauge and top course missing. How's the svp weathered? on the dormer .
The roof tiles might look odd to you but the gutter has to run :ROFLMAO:
Are you talking about the flat tiles on the dormer?

So they should be no more than 100mm and the top row is missing?

Check them. Measure from the bottom of one tile to the bottom of his mate above. It should measure 100mm.

The SVP alone is horrific.
You seem to have a real problem with the SVP! As the dormer has a new shower and toilet I’m afraid it has to be positioned how it is and have a few tenticles as you previously mentioned.

You seem to have a real problem with the SVP! As the dormer has a new shower and toilet I’m afraid it has to be positioned how it is and have a few tenticles as you previously mentioned.
Aesthetics aside, you need to measure that tile gauge.

I'm talking about dormer tile hanging over gauge I don't need to measure .

The other comment was regarding the roof tile line . I think the gutter is fooling you into thinking there's a problem when I don't think there is

Correct about the gauge they are 150mm thank you for pointing that out.

Also top course needs doing is gap between eaves and first tile about 50mm covered up with lead.

Also bottom row of tiles is only 3/4 tile as it has been cut they have recommended just to fill and use lead as tile is not needed and will cosmetically look better.

Attachments

• IMG_7835.jpeg
    IMG_7835.jpeg
    273.1 KB · Views: 43

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back