Rusting lintle?

S

SplanK

Hi all,
We went looking at a house this morning which we are interested in moving to.

Nearly all issues we could eyeball were cosmetic, however one thing I spotted in the en-suite (converted from an old bedroom) was the top lip between the wall and the underside of the top of the window cill (hope that makes sense!) was showing some odd spots which appear to me like rust spots bleeding through.

My first impression was maybe a steel lintel was rusting and bleeding through, however as they are more spots rather than marks/runs, I have just had another thought, has anybody seen this type of bleed through with an plaster edge before? If so what would be the best fix. I am guessing removal and a quick re-plaster job available, either that or is there some sort of magic treatment that can be applied before repainting?

Sponsored Links
At a guess i would say it was the plaster corner bead caused by condensation...if it is just light leeching it can be sealed with an oil based paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back