Samsung washing machine knocking noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have a Samsung WW90T936DSX washing machine. Recently it has started making a knocking noise during its spin cycle. It sounds like some plastic being hit off something and coming through the drum.
I have a small video of it but don't know how to upload here.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you spin the drum by hand can you hear anything making a noise. Could be a bra wire or some other foreign body got through between the inner and outer drums.

Thanks.
Nothing when I spin by hand. Might take the top off to see if therebis anything loose inside.
I have tried lifting the drum to see if it might be the bearings but it doesn't seem to have much play. It does go back and forth quite easily though.

Sponsored Links
Mine did that. I bought a new one.
On investigation I found that a big spring had snapped inside the machine, the drum arrangement was suspended from it. A new spring would've probably sorted it.

If you can get it on its side and look underneath, maybe take a panel off and have a gander.

Thanks all. Decided I don't have the time to go a searching so got someone coming to look at it for me. Everything pointed to quite a big job...

New update. After replacing the suspension legs it was still knocking. It was eventually found that the large nut at the back of the drum at the rear pulley was a bit slack.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back