Sat TV Cable - Looking to bury the cable ! advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I am wondering if I can bury my sat tv cable from the pavement to my house.. (about 17mtrs)
I am doing my driveway, a sub base to start with and I got thinking
about either fitting the sat cable externally on show along the bottom of my fence line, or can I bury it under the final surface (Block/Brick work) a hard but flexible type of tube/pipe as a sort of conduit for the cable services so in the future should I ever need to get access to it I can without digging up my driveway?
I am wondering if there is something out there that is designed for this and where would i find it.
any ideas and advice would be fab

Sponsored Links
It would be very sensible to bury this cable, or at least fit a duct with good sound joints if a long run, with a draw wire in it. You have the opportunity to do this now, if you don't you will regret it.

Are you planning on disconnecting the cable to put in in the duct yourself?

Alternatively you could consider using trunking with a removable lid so you can put the cable in it without disconnecting it.

A large round duct with a draw wire may prove useful for adding future tv and telephone wires.

Cheers SparkWright
I am very keen to bury it, and yes have a draw wire inside it, or if it is a large enough dim pipe i can insert a fiber push rod if in the future if I would need too.
but yes
I am thinking of using 25mm mains water pipe ( Blue Nylon ) as a conduit
as this is something I have just laying about.
but before i do use this.. I need to make sure this is a sound approach or if there is something that would be better

The problem with the blue pipe is that it will look like a water pipe to anyone who digs it up or starts to work on it. Not a major problem considering there won't be any mains voltage cable in it I suppose, but still misleading.

You can get larger cable ducting with a string already in it.

Sponsored Links
i know i know this is the problem lol
oooh where might i find this ducting?
"You can get larger cable ducting with a string already in it."
as i would like to use something larger dim as who knows what other tv ofr phone services i might want in the future!
any ideas or links or a brand name would be fab

sweet
many thanks I need to go now..as it is monday tomorrow :eek:(
I have just quickly looked over the link and i shall enquire tomorrow
many thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back