Scantronic 9448+ Fuses blowing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This alarm stopped working and the tamper loop light was red. Inside, the F2 aux fuse (1A fast) was blown so I replaced this and put in a new battery. Reconnected mains but F3 Vac fuse (1A slow) blew. Disconnected battery and replaced F3 fuse. Reconnected mains and internal sounder worked, entered code and stopped and all seemed OK. But when I reconnected battery and then mains the F3 fuse blew again. Very grateful for any ideas.

Sponsored Links
Normally the F3 fuse will only blow if the battery has been in too long and the transformer is overheating when trying to charge the battery ….replace fuse and disconnect the battery ….does it still blow the fuse ….?

Thanks for reply. Yes. I disconnected mains and battery. Replaced fuse. Left battery terminals disconnected. Turned on mains and alarm sounded for 2 seconds and F3 fuse blew. I'm puzzled as to why the F2 fuse was initially blown and the F3 intact. Outside bell box is Kinetic AZ 220+.

Disconnect the + and - wires from detector ( aux supply ) and bellbox + and - ….with battery disconnected , if it blows fuse now it’s probably time for a new alarm panel

Sponsored Links
Can I just remove the aux supply fuse and disconnect the bell/strobes bell, 12V, 0V and TR. There are 3 detectors plus a separate door detector(EE). I think I will get the installer to come and fix next week. This alarm system has lasted 20+ years so very happy to replace like with like but should I think about anything newer? Many thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back