Seen It All Now!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment I am currently working in the "free boiler scheme" industry and signing people up for the free boiler if on qualifying benefits.

The scheme only changes D rated boilers so any condensers (with a plastic pipe ) are not eligible to be changed.

I went to a property and signed up a client who had a non condensing Ferroli.
The installer went out to survey and rejected it as a fraudulent claim.

The boiler had been rebadged with a fake Ferrolli Id and the boiler was in fact a Glowworm Condenser that had had the condensate pipe sawn off. :LOL:

They went to an awful lot of trouble to get nowhere! :LOL:

Also had one a few weeks ago where the client had put an old boiler on the wall (without plumbing it in) expecting to get a brand new one. This too was rejected.

Anyone else witnesses any blatant frauds?

Sponsored Links
Yes. In my old firm, the repair guys would go out to an appliance that has only just come on and it is obviously off the scrapheap. And then if they get nowhere, they'd call the office again and get another guy to come. Do they not realise we talk to each other?

One person had a successful repair to such an appliance after much argument. They then called up a week later saying it had broken down again. The same repair guy arrived to find a completely different appliance needing attention.

During programmed asbestos removal across one housing estate, a claim went in for damage caused by the assy strippers, to a fridge-freezer in one property. It was assessed, and paid out.

Then another claim went in for the same thing in another property, and again was paid out
Then another.

After this had repeated a few times, the assessor quietly made his mark somewhere inconspicuous on the appliance.
Sure enough, another claim went in for the same thing again, in the next property being worked on.
You can fill the rest of the story for yourselves ;)

In a previous existence as "the Council Boiler inspector',

Me "make sure you are happy with the number of dust sheets put doe=wn before we start"

her "its OK the DSS will give me new carpets"

Me "I understand your fridge freezer packed up because the electrician had the power off"

Her "and it was full of M&S fillet steak and everything"

Me "really? did you keep any receipts or even the packaging?"

And, the worst was, you knew the local councillors would back them up...

DH

Sponsored Links
"don't bother getting your ladders, just stand on my kitchen worktop it'll support your weight and if it doesn't I'll just claim against your company"

My wife used to work in the garment industry. Her factory made high quality, relatively expensive products.

On several occasions she saw items returned that were obliously cheap tat from the market and the owner had very carefully removed the labels and sewn in ones from her company!

Needless to say, they didn't send out replacements.

Back