Self Builders & Train spotters are a similar beast

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well they seem to be ........ I went to a "Self builders booze up" ...... & lots of them came with plans & drawings, i was very frightened :(

I honestly went to drum up a bitta trade :cool:

Anyways I went over to a site today to talk to this chap & was truely AMAZED... The heating cretins were in attendance ....... Frigging around with pipes & doing what ya'd expect Heato's to do .........

Then we went in to his pool room boiler house & all set up on a workbench was some lil elongated piles of white powder, some long hand rolled cigarettes with a lil roll of cardboard pushed in @ the end & twisted shut at the other end :eek: Are these standard tools of the heating mans trade ?

I was laughing my boobies off, however the customer wasn't ......... The room was secured tightly under lock & key & MD of the company was summonsed to site....

I would of loved to hang around till he arrived....... But I was shoved out :evil:

I have to go back in a few days ........ I'm really looking forward to that :D

(I deal with security related matters...... Nowt to do wiv water)

Sponsored Links
Whatever next !!!! There was a time that only the rich and famous could afford a line of "charlie" now it's Heating Engineers ....before long even the brickies mate will be able to buy some.... It's just gonna lose all it's street cred' at this rate.

Obviously smoking a joint would slow the work rate down a bit so why didn't the owner just hide the joints and leave the coke...... his pipes would have gone in really quickly and they would've worked for 18 hours straight.. :LOL:

Seriously though drugs are bad .... just say NO kids :LOL:

ps. I hope they weren't planning to smoke the dope in a confined place like the works van as that's against the law :LOL:

It turned out that the cops were called ......... :eek:

Personally I think that was totally unnecessary, I have concluded that I don't really want to continue my relationship with that particular client...... I'm not siding with tooters, I just don't think I really can be ar$ed with somone that over reacts in such a way, personally I think he went in for a financial incentive & when it didn't wash he hung the Eng's out to dry ......... T'would be like workin' for the Mrs :LOL:

Dunno how to side step this one ....... I'll try ignoring him till I think of somthing else :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back