Selling house and building certificate asked for

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Please can you help, we are selling our 1970’s house and are meant to be exchanging on Friday- however on the survey the surveyor noted that some pvc cladding had been replaced with bricks under our window and would need bundling regulation certificates, this work was done 20 + years ago and he did note there was no concerns with it.

What do we do? We cannot get a certificate in time and a PCC is extortionate and probably not relevant, would this have needed a building certificate in the first place?

I have attached a before and after photo.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8353.jpeg
    IMG_8353.jpeg
    333.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8354.jpeg
    IMG_8354.jpeg
    383.6 KB · Views: 14
Sponsored Links
Solicitors (seek and want to) sell Indemnity Insurance for just this purpose.

Cough up for such a policy or tell the Buyer to pay for one.

Great thanks, happy to buy indemnity insurance, I thought this only covered against council taking legal action but it’s been over 10 years so they can’t, I could be completely wrong!

Sponsored Links
Great thanks, happy to buy indemnity insurance, I thought this only covered against council taking legal action but it’s been over 10 years so they can’t, I could be completely wrong!
Yep. AIUI Completely worthless but ticks a box with some conveyancers (who earns money from the process).

Depends on how intent your Buyers' Solicitor is on "needing" this "certificate/insurance" and how they are advising the Buyers' Mortgager... who may be the ones "requiring" the Certification, based on legal "advice" given to them (or a set of 'rules' the Mortgager has supplied their Conveyancer).

Check out MSE forums where as well as reading from those on here with suitable knowledge https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/house-buying-renting-selling

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back