Sentinel X800

Sponsored Links
this stuff is for powerflushing

http://www.sentinel-solutions.net/en/heating/X800/application

X800 Jetflo

Central Heating ProductsX800 Jetflo Need guidance choosing the most appropriate Sentinel Cleaner? ... click here Sentinel X800 Jetflo is a powerful, highly active cleaning agent for use in central heating systems. It is specifically designed for use in conjunction with power flushing equipment and will remove objectionable iron oxide and calcium based deposits from heat exchangers, radiators and pipe work. Its unique composition allows Sentinel X800 Jetflo to act as a penetrating dispersant under neutral pH conditions, eliminating the need to clean with conventional acids and the problems associated with them. The formulation also contains agents to help protect metal from corrosion.
Sentinel X800 Jetflo is suitable for use with all commonly encountered metals and alloys.

Dosage:
A 1 litre bottle of Sentinel X800 Jetflo is sufficient to clean a typical system of approximately 8 - 10 radiator panels. For larger systems, 2 litres of product should be used. Where systems are badly fouled, a higher concentration is recommended, i.e. 2 litres of Sentinel X800 Jetflo in a typical system, though the product will not clear a completely blocked pipe.
To clean an existing system in accordance with BS7593 it is strongly recommended that Sentinel X800 Jetflo is used with power flushing equipment which will provide a more rapid and effective clean. In such case, Sentinel X800 Jetflo will be administered via the power flushing equipment (follow equipment manufacturer'gs instructions). Alternatively, Sentinel X800 Jetflo should be circulated, preferably at normal operating temperature, with all valves open and the pump turned to maximum flow for a minimum period of 1 hour or until satisfactory performance is restored.
After cleaning, the system should be drained and flushed until the water runs clear. On refilling, the system should be treated with Sentinel X100 Inhibitor, or Sentinel X500 Inhibited Antifreeze.
Feeding:powerflushing: Follow the instructions supplied with the powerflushing machine.
Open Systems: Dose via F&E cistern, via a by-pass feeder or use a Sentinel Dosing Vessel.
Sealed Systems: If the system is empty, add to any convenient point before filling. If full, use a Sentinel Dosing Vessel to inject via the filling loop or other access point.
Physical properties
Appearance: Beige/Tan dispersion
Odour:Mild
Specific gravity:1.15 (20°C)
pH (concentrate): 6.5 (approx)
Freezing point: -4°C

your sure that x400 would not have been more appropriate...

X800 Jetflo

Sentinel X800 Jetflo is a powerful, highly active cleaning agent for use in central heating systems. It is specifically designed for use in conjunction with power flushing equipment and will remove objectionable iron oxide and calcium based deposits from heat exchangers, radiators and pipe work. Its unique composition allows Sentinel X800 Jetflo to act as a penetrating dispersant under neutral pH conditions, eliminating the need to clean with conventional acids and the problems associated with them. The formulation also contains agents to help protect metal from corrosion.

Sentinel X800 Jetflo is suitable for use with all commonly encountered metals and alloys.
Dosage:

A 1 litre bottle of Sentinel X800 Jetflo is sufficient to clean a typical system of approximately 8 - 10 radiator panels. For larger systems, 2 litres of product should be used. Where systems are badly fouled, a higher concentration is recommended, i.e. 2 litres of Sentinel X800 Jetflo in a typical system, though the product will not clear a completely blocked pipe.

To clean an existing system in accordance with BS7593 it is strongly recommended that Sentinel X800 Jetflo is used with power flushing equipment which will provide a more rapid and effective clean. In such case, Sentinel X800 Jetflo will be administered via the power flushing equipment (follow equipment manufacturer'gs instructions). Alternatively, Sentinel X800 Jetflo should be circulated, preferably at normal operating temperature, with all valves open and the pump turned to maximum flow for a minimum period of 1 hour or until satisfactory performance is restored.

After cleaning, the system should be drained and flushed until the water runs clear. On refilling, the system should be treated with Sentinel X100 Inhibitor, or Sentinel X500 Inhibited Antifreeze.
Feeding:

Powerflushing: Follow the instructions supplied with the powerflushing machine.
Open Systems: Dose via F&E cistern, via a by-pass feeder or use a Sentinel Dosing Vessel.
Sealed Systems: If the system is empty, add to any convenient point before filling. If full, use a Sentinel Dosing Vessel to inject via the filling loop or other access point.

http://www.sentinel-solutions.net/en/heating/X800/application

Umm It not say on the bottle :confused:

Sponsored Links
I plan to put in x800 to clean system how long should I leave it in please. I will not be using a powerflush.
Thank YOU.

Peter

then why not use X400?

you can leave it in "indefinitely" but I wouldn't do that unless I had fitted a Magnaclean to trap the circulating sediment and I could empty it out from time to time.

i have used x800 without a powerflusher, used it for a over night cleaning of rads, eg run the system over night then i come the next day to change the boiler.

it does not need a power flusher to be used

Be careful if you have an Aluminium heat exchanger, shouldn't be left in for more than 3 hours if you do :eek:

no cast iron... have ran it through a system cold before as well, eg rigged a pump and a magaclean and left it for 24 hours dont know if it really did much

i have used x800 without a powerflusher, used it for a over night cleaning of rads, eg run the system over night then i come the next day to change the boiler.

it does not need a power flusher to be used

Just saying what the people who make it say thats all.

dont shoot the messanger

:)

"Alternatively, Sentinel X800 Jetflo should be circulated, preferably at normal operating temperature, with all valves open and the pump turned to maximum flow for a minimum period of 1 hour or until satisfactory performance is restored. "

i have done the 1 hour with ch at full blast as well. a lot of power flusher are not better then ch pumps anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back