Should glue for glass be visible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We just had new wooden windows and doors put in. I would have expected any glue used to fix the glass panel to be invisible, but here it can be seen as a wedge about half a pencil thick.

My question is, is this normal? Or sign of poor/lazy workmanship? We purchased them from Natural Windows:
http://www.naturalwindows.com

Picture of the glass frame with glue:

Sponsored Links
Here are two more images. If you click the image it should enlarge and the glue line is clear. Unfortunately it's much lighter outside, than it is inside, so it puts a contrast on the window's wood, making it darker.

This one is from further back, slightly better. I'll also take a picture, when it's darker outside, the contrast will be less then.

Sponsored Links
I checked the rest of the house. For the existing wooden windows, I have two types of windows. One where no glue or edging is visible at all. The other window has a sort of rubber edging, so it's continues and consistent in size and painted, so I never noticed.

Where as the glue used in the new windows has an inconsistent width and is not painted, so noticeable. Due to the fact that it's not consistent in width, painting it, might highlight that further.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back