Should I break off this render?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some render on a small section of wall around some french doors as per picture below. Its been painted with a horrible thick paint over many layers and years.

Its also rendered over DPC nearly to ground level, actually it was below the level of the paving that was there that Ive started to take up revealing a concrete slab under.

There are sections where the damp has got under the paint and caused it to bubble, these bits come off easily. Other sections of paint are solidly attached.

Should I break the lot off?

PXL-20241014-100153461.jpg

PXL-20241014-100159371.jpg

Sponsored Links
Cut horizontal about dpc.
Hack off bellow.
See if it dries out.

If it came off easy I'd remove but it might be welded on. You might damage blocks

Cut horizontal about dpc.
Hack off bellow.
See if it dries out.

If it came off easy I'd remove but it might be welded on. You might damage blocks
If I only cut out to the DPC level then that will leave those three airbricks proud. It looks like they were installed at the same time as the render was done, as they are flush with it.

If breaking off all the render I would be replacing the airbricks with single plastic ones as I have done on the wall to the right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back