SHOULD I use FERNOX or Silicone Sealant ? theories please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
gentlemen,

on your advice, I am planning to use either of the above, to seal up the OVERFLOW hole / seal, on my ACYLIC BATH.

Now, because the Acrylic is woven, like fibreglass, would SILICONE sealant be TOO STRONG a seal ?

IE, if i ever need to removed the silicion, will it start removing bit sof acrylic too ?

OR, would I be better off with FERNOX LS-X , which doesnt ever 'dry', and should be easier to remove ?

out of the 2, which would give the best, longer lasting, seal ?

:confused:

cheers

BOOGS

Sponsored Links
i always use sanitary silicone for bath wastes and overflows, no problems yet...

any other comments, by any NON COWBOY type plumbers ?!!!

:LOL:

BOOGSY

( Cheers Cowboy, think I might go with that.........)

The acrylic isn't woven. The acrylic is the smooth inside sheet and it's reinforced with fibreglass, not that it matters. I think LSX is a type of silicone rubber but I haven't used it for years as I found the shelf life a bit short and I was wasting most of it. I use clear silicone sealant from Wickes if I want to make sure.

Sponsored Links
I use sanitary silicon between washer and bath & between washer and overflow casting. Ditto for waste.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back