Shower alternative

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently moved into a flat that is great apart from one detail - the lack of shower.

My tenancy agreement specifically prevents the installation of a power shower or any form of pump near the boiler tank so I bought one of the old fashioned bath tap adaptor shower appliances - basically a glorified truncated rubber hose with a shower head.

The problem is that the water pressure in my bathroom is so low that hot water can not flow up the hose and into the shower head at standing height. I don't want to sit or crouch in the bath to shower!

The only thing I can come up with is a modified version of the camping / outdoors shower - a bladder of water suspended above the bath with an immersion heater to heat the water. The problem with this, apart from it looking ungainly, is that the immersion heating device would have to be battery powered and sealed to prevent steam damage. Does that sound crazy?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Does anyone have any ideas?

Assuming the installation of something more adequate like a shower pump or an electric shower is off the cards, (have you asked the landlord)? you could get a camping shower pump and maybe use it to lift hot water from the basin? Couple that with some rechargeable batteries to keep the running costs down and you have a low cost temporary solution.

Do a search on ebay for camping shower. A quick search found this, http://ngvi.ebay.co.uk/vi?ngvi&back...rQ20camping&pass=M6uyZBbjPfnjrX8ad2/pKB/T7VM= but there are others on there which may be better.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Do not do the "bladder thingy" as somebody will be likely to get scalded to death is my opinion.

How about some kind of tank with a shower head attached that you can fill whilst it sits in the bath. Then you winch it up with a rope and pulley to the ceiling. Easy way to imagine is a bucket with holes in hung from the roof but something bigger than a bucket. Sounds like a laugh.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back