Shower booster pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I live in a ground floor flat. No boiler and all electric with immersion only. I want to boost my hot water so I can use the shower on the mixer tap . Seen quite a few on the market but which to buy. Cold pressure is fine. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Show us a picture of your hot water cylinder and the cold water feed to it ,which may or may not be a separate cistern.
A shower power booster is relatively inexpensive ,but easy to fit ,it would boost the flow to around 6 litres per minute. If you want a more powerful pump it may or may not be feasible. More info and pics would be useful.

Hi, will do and thanks for thr reply. I assume its fed by a tank somewhere in the loft soace?. Will get back with pics. Cheers.

Hi, sorry for the late reply as been away. Please see pics. Hope this will help solve my issue. Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_07551.jpg
    IMG_07551.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_07531 (1).jpg
    IMG_07531 (1).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_07531.jpg
    IMG_07531.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 13
Sponsored Links
The small black cistern ( tank you may call it) above the hot water cylinder feeds cold water into the cylinder. It is too small to fit a powerful pump to. A shower power booster pump would be suitable though. I would assume your cold water is supplied to all taps/ shower direct from the mains. Mixer showers really need balanced pressure hot and cold to work effectively,you would not have balanced pressures with the small power shower booster on hot supply, and mains cold water under mains pressure. If your mixer is a manual type ( not thermostatic) it has a good chance of being ok though.

Hi, the shower on the mixer tap is a manual one. So my nest question is what to buy or fit if anything, and where to fit it. Cheers.

Have a look on this website
Showerpowerbooster.co.uk.
It's the manufacturer/ inventors site,which you can buy directly from.
Depends on what you want,for instance an SP1 pump (£ 85 ), has to be turned on manually by a switch when you want to use it.
The SP2B ( £130) pump is automatic ,so it switches on every time a hot tap / shower is turned on,and turns off when tap is closed.
The pump needs an electric socket to plug into ,close to it's location near the cylinder.

Hi, I have been in touch and they recommend an SP1 due to the flow test being too low for an SP2. I have attached a pic as to where I think it should go as I have circled. The company you told me about were unsure, and that's where I will be buying it from. I have an electric socket near the cupboard, but i can't fit it under the bath on the hot tap pipe as they suggested due to it being a manual one and no power outlet anywhere near. Cheers.

Attachments

• 1000001806 (1).jpg
    1000001806 (1).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 5
The hot branch pipe to your bathroom doesn't appear to be visible in your picture ,is it anywhere that you can see and access ?
Fitting the pump to the hot water distribution pipe would allow all hot taps to have increased flow / pressure once pump ( SP1 )is electrically turned on.
The pump needs to be fitted after the vent pipe ,not before as in your picture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back