Shower pump air valve help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a salamander shower pump in my kitchen boiler cupboard with pipework that goes up to attic then shower.

The past two days we have noticed the pump had just started turning on by itself for a few seconds before turning off.
After checking the attic my other half has found a leak ( looks like quite recent ) water is coming out of the air water valve? It seems to be leaking at the top like there is no air in It? Photo attached as seems to go be a few names.

My question is - is this something that can be easily replaced by ourselves ? Or something that I should call a plumber for.
Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_4374.jpeg
    IMG_4374.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 31
Sponsored Links
If you are handy with plumbing and know the way a compression fitting works and have the tools etc to do the work then the job is relatively easy.

Shut off pump - isolate at the valves on the pipes entering the pump, loosen the nut at the bottom of the automatic Air Valve and remove old valve, put a couple of turns around the old olive then fit the new valve and tighten back up - open up the valve and check the nut area is dry - fire on

If you're not sure then getting a plumber in would be the best idea

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back